Cable connector, SB, straight long, shielded: yes, SPEEDCON locking, M40, No. of pos.: 4+4+4+PE / 3+N+PE, type of contact: Socket, Crimp connection, cable diameter range: 9 mm ... 14 mm
- Cable connector
- straight long
- shielded: yes
- SPEEDCON locking
- No. of pos.: 4+4+4+PE / 3+N+PE
- type of contact: Socket
- Crimp connection
- cable diameter range: 9 mm ... 14 mm
• Transmission of signals, data, and power in just a single connector
• CAT5 data interface for up to 100 Mbps
• Reduced connection time with SPEEDCON fast locking system
• Mechanical coding reliably prevents incorrect connections
• Safe use in the field, thanks to high degree of protection
• Consistent EMC protection for reliable connection solutions in the industrial environment
Training Data Goes here
-40 °C ... 115 °C (see derating curve)
Standards and Regulations
WARNING: The connectors may not be plugged in or disconnected under load. Ignoring the warning or improper use may damage persons and/or property.
• WARNING: Commission properly functioning products only. The products must be regularly inspected for damage. Decommission defective products immediately. Replace damaged products. Repairs are not possible.
• WARNING: Only electrically qualified personnel may install and operate the product. They must observe the following safety notes. The qualified personnel must be familiar with the basics of electrical engineering. They must be able to recognize and prevent danger. The relevant symbol on the packaging indicates that only personnel familiar with electrical engineering are allowed to install and operate the product.
• The products are suitable for applications in plant, controller, and electrical device engineering.
• When operating the connectors in outdoor applications, they must be separately protected against environmental influences.
• Assembled products may not be manipulated or improperly opened.
• Only use mating connectors that are specified in the technical data of the standards listed (e.g. the ones listed in the product accessories online at phoenixcontact.com/products).
• When using the product in direct connection with third-party manufacturers, the user is responsible.
• For operating voltages > 50 V AC, conductive connector housings must be grounded
• VDE 0100/1.97 § 4126.96.36.199 and DIN EN 60 204/11.98 § 14.1.3 are applicable when combining several circuits in a cable and/or connector
• Observe the corresponding technical data. You will find information:o On the product On the packing label In the supplied documentation Online at phoenixcontact.com/products under the product
• Only use tools recommended by Phoenix Contact
• The installation notes/Design In documents online on the download page at phoenixcontact.com/products must be observed for this product.
• Use a protective cap to protect connectors that are not in use. The suitable accessories are available online in the accessory section of the product at phoenixcontact.com/products
• Operate the connector only when it is fully plugged in and interlocked.
• Ensure that when laying the cable, the tensile load on the connectors does not exceed the upper limit specified in the standards.
• Observe the minimum bending radius of the cable. Lay the cable without twisting it.
• The connector warms up in normal operation. Depending on the ambient conditions, the surface of the connector can continue to warm up. In this case, the user is responsible for posting warnings (e.g. DIN EN ISO 13732-1:2008-12).
Data of the insulating body
Protection against electric shock
CAT5, coding 1
Contact connection method
Type of contacts
Number of positions
Direction of rotation
Contact diameter of power contacts
Litz wire cross section of power contacts min.
Litz wire cross section of power contacts max.
Rated current for power contacts
for max. connection cross section
Rated surge voltage
Degree of pollution
Rated voltage (II/3) power contact
850 V DC
Rated voltage (III/3) power contact
630 V AC
Contact diameter of signal contacts
Litz wire cross section of signal contacts min.
Litz wire cross section of signal contacts max.
Nominal current per signal contact
Rated voltage (III/3) signal contact
Contact diameter, data contacts
Litz wire cross section, data contacts, min.
Litz wire cross section, data contacts, max.
Rated current of each data contact at 25°C
Turned parts: copper zinc alloy (CuZn), die-cast parts: zinc (GD-Zn)
Type of locking
Degree of protection (when plugged in)
Cable seal data
9 mm ... 14 mm
Environmental Product Compliance
Environmentally Friendly Use Period = 50 years