USE BY MINORS
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide personal information through the Service. If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We and our service providers may automatically collect and use information in the following ways as you navigate around the Service:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
- Using flash cookies: Our use of Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) allows us to, among other things, serve you with more tailored information, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Service, and collect and store information about your use of the Service. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier, to understand how you use the Service.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. Please see the section entitled “Choices and Access,” below, to learn how you may opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to our pharmacovigilance obligations), or for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests.
- to provide the functionality of the Service to you and providing you with related customer service;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Service, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
- for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyber attacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- for developing new products and services;
- for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
- for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services.
- to better understand you, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the Service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES